|Click here to view race details|
7 days, 250K, Self-supported 6-stage race
In 2017, the TENTH EDITION of the Roving Race will take place in the famous Patagonia region of Argentina. Patagonia is dominated by the Andes, the longest mountain range on earth, running the length of South America from Colombia to the Strait of Magellan and across to Tierra del Fuego. Patagonia covers about one third of the land area of both Chile and Argentina, but less than 5% of either nations' population actually lives there. The Argentine side, where RacingThePlanet: Patagonia will be staged, features arid steppes, grasslands, deserts, aqua-colored lakes and rivers, with a large variety of wildlife some of which include deer, armadillos, fox and pumas.
Runwell is pleased to offer this unique and exciting opportunity to experience the wonders of an adventure race, while running for a greater cause, without the stress of large fundraising minimums.
Step 1: Register with Runwell by clicking on the "Register" tab below. You are requested to pay a $100 non-refundable Runwell registration fee.
Step 2: Register with Runwell partner, The 4Deserts. There, you will need to fill out the Roving Race Patagonia Application, listing Runwell on the booking form http://www.4deserts.com/beyond/patagonia/rtppg.php
How It Works:
1. Runners are responsible for all registration fees and airline flights.
2. For every $2,000 raised for Runwell’s grant programs, Runwell will apply $500 to either the runner’s registration fees (up to August 1, 2017), or towards the runner’s airfare (booked through A Runwell Agent and within specific time limits).
Runwell Runner receives:
1. Personalized fundraising page, welcome packet and fundraising tips.
2. Personal training plan from Runwell Coach, Lisa Smith-Batchen (beginning April 1, 2017)
3. Three group nutrition Skype calls with sports dietician Bob Seebohar of nERGY Performance.
4. Monthly calls from Ultra Runner Linda Quirk (1st American/Oldest Person to complete 4 Deserts Grand Slam in 1 calendar year)
5. Runwell custom apparel.
6. Fundraising incentives beyond the $500/per $2000 raised.
6. Gratitude from Runwell and all who benefit from your efforts to give back, and help to make addiction treatment accessible to all.
Bob Seebohar is a nationally known board certified specialist in sports dietetics, an NSCA certified strength and conditioning specialist and a USA Triathlon Level III Certified Elite Coach. He was previously the Director of Sports Nutrition at the University of Florida and most recently, a sport dietitian for the US Olympic Committee. In 2008, Bob traveled to the Summer Olympics with Team USA and was the sport dietitian for the Olympic Triathlon Team. He currently owns his own business, eNRG performance, a sports performance facility in Littleton, Colorado.
Bob has an undergraduate degree in Exercise and Sport Science, a masters degree in Health and Exercise Science and a second masters degree in Food Science and Human Nutrition. He is an accomplished writer having authored many books including “Nutrition Periodization for Athletes”, “Metabolic Efficiency Training: Teaching the Body to Burn More Fat”, “Performance Nutrition: Applying the Science of Nutrient Timing”, “Metabolic Efficiency Training Recipe Book”, “Sodium Loading Protocol for Endurance Athletes”, “Caffeine Protocol for Endurance Athletes”, and “ Neuromuscular, Dynamic and Functional Strength Training Exercises for Endurance Athletes”. He has also written many chapters for sports nutrition textbooks and produced the DVD, “Strength Training for Triathletes” in conjunction with USA Triathlon.
Lisa Smith-Batchen is a world reknown elite ultra runner, ironman competitor and adventure racer. Lisa is a woman of many "firsts". She is the first American to win the Marathon des Sables stage-race through the Moroccan desert and has twice won the Badwater Ultramarathon, which is considered one of the toughest races in the world. She is also the first and only person to ever have run 50 miles a day in 50 states in the USA in 62 days! Lisa is also a proven coach and motivator whose knowledge of health, fitness and nutrition has helped hundreds of individuals achieve their specific goals.